Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5/06

Hear Here

Who's popular?
Who's a heartstopper?
Who's a doctor?
Can we get a medic in here?
I've got some medicine here
Someone let us in here
Make way, stand clear
Open the mouth up
Dump this in, rub the neck
Now just back up
Let it take its effect
All is well
Nothing to see here today
Sure as hell
They'll take to the stage
In ten minutes
Did you hear the soundcheck?
You were in it?
Now tell me: how in the heck..?
What was played?
I guess I should have stayed
A bit longer
For my favorite song or
Yours
But when they shut the doors
I was outside on the beach
Taking in what's out of reach
Here, let me teach
You how to have each
That you want
A remedy

---

Rap Politics

Rap is political
Not subliminal
It's in the forefront
It's in the storefronts
Who smokes more blunts
Who's got sore cunts
From getting taken
I'm seeing faking
And bravado
Is that Movado?
Take it off
And give it here
Make me cough
Keep the beer
And your misguided direction

---

Friend Afloat

Gentle teasing
Only love
For floating friend
Mental easing
Shown above
Emoting end

---

And I Still Do

I've loved hard
And I've loved often
But I've only loved you once
And I still do

---

Five-Leaf Clover

Smoked my four-leaf clover
Spent some time in Dover
I have looked all over
For another four-leaf clover
Hell, I'd take a five
Please keep Jake alive
Unless I take a dive
Then you can just drive
A spike into my head
I'd much rather be dead
Than barely alive instead
Forgive me if I said
Something devastating
I've spent a while waiting
For the opposite of hating
So now I'm instigating

---

Wax Relations

Skip a beat past the last rat in the race
Hip to heat wax, drip the drops on her face
Face the facts
You can't erase your past
Trace the tracks
You can escape the path
You face, with help from those
Who relate to the taste of the paste
Make haste; crime is a terrible time
And place to waste

---

Earning Your Lesson

Clarity
A rarity
Her love is no charity
Expecting parity
Makes a parody
A mockery
Put stock in me
Check my worth
Know what's worse
Comfort, no laughing
Love without passion
Each future you're passing
I'm learning the question
You're earning your lesson
Let's lessen the stressing
Of pressing the issue
Practiced the "miss you"
Fully prepared
To know there is care
When no one is there
Hold no dispair
When cold is the air
He who lies at you feet
Will rise with the heat

---

Sat

Forgot to give you stones
When I was stoned at home
And you showed up alone
And you had shone with the glow
And a scent hit my nose
From your hair and your clothes
I should have chose
A road where I rose
And had shown that I know
How we could grow
A good time out of snow
Or sand
Did I stand?
No

---

Am I Learning?

Rebasket my eggs
For a sharing wish
If priorities aren't common
She can be a virgin with intent
But I am not content
To rot this Summer
Selfmotivation and promotion to be
For so few have heard of me
Missed opportunity in Concord
Peace, jams, garden and beauty
Learning?

---

Work It Out

Putting off death
Not just yet
Presummer fling
Is just the thing
To accentuate the brevity
I try to look ahead of me
Past my true love lost
Always paying above cost
Totally worth it when
I'm able to work it out

---

Good Luck And

What's the over/under for
Getting over wonderful
Love understood
Or lost for good
Luck and riddance?

---

Doomed To

Doped
No hope
Trying to cope
With a broken rope dream
With soap
To scope
Clean views
Of mean news
That we're doomed to
Due to our embodiments

---

Notice The Beauty

Bumblebee Stung
High hat midtempo
Cigarette blues
Bellyached loose
On approach
Willing hope
Notice the beauty

---

Cashed Out

Writing
Fighting off a biting cough
Hoping
Coping with a doping wish
Seeing
Being heard, a freeing word
Merging
Purging out an urgent shout
Streaming
Dreaming up a steaming cup
Crashing
Cashing in the lasting sin

---

Love Under

Drugs and filth washed away by rain
Save the sickness with a quickness
Liquid love under fire
Wanderlust figures into play
How do you know to stay away?

---

Matched Crazy

Hijacked by lilacs on Rabbit Hill
Hi, Jill
Yes, I'm still alive
Does that come as a surprise?

---

Unquit

The last time we went there
We could only go halfway in
Let's deal another hand
I'm going for it
Catch me if I fall
But don't call 911
Fun and games
Clean my window

---

She Sleeps Alone

She sleeps alone
She comes and goes home
She'll sooner be dead
Than resting her head
In another's bed
Because she sleeps alone
She'll come and go home
The last thing she'll hear here
Is the door passing her ear
Now she's free and clear
To sleep alone
Rest only at home
All that barrages
Seems like mirages
She only garages
At home
Alone

---

Devil Workout

You've got to exersise your demons
But I can't hear you when you're screaming
Sit down and roll
Prepare for a stroll
Down memory lane
My enemies came
From deep inside me
I keep reminding
Myself to stay focused
Past hocus-pocus
On what is tru
Like the love here for you
Be careful, swords slay
I fight with wordplay
I'm sure they'd agree
If they could just see
Through the mist
Then they'd be pissed
But dismissed is what we get
And I'm not ready, yet
To die
Have you wondered why
We have to?
I do
And would if you'd ask
Don't get mad, relax
See that it's okay
Lay off the cocaine
And plan actions
We only need a fraction
To make progress
Out of lost bets
And missed chances
Peace, romance and
Only love

No comments: