Friday, March 31, 2006

3/06

Dystopia

Dystopian jubilee
Just hoping that you will be
There to run me aground
And to turn it around
If the agressor
Is a professor
I know I could learn
To slow my wood's burn
To an afterglow
And I should know
All about it
I would show how to shout it
From the hilltops
Get it

---

For At Least Today

I felt you
I'd melt you to a puddle
And then cuddle
'Til we sleep
Please don't sweep
Me away
Wink and stay

---

An Idea

So much to share
But no one there
The softest of touches
My big red blanket
And as much as the rush is
I never drank it
Without an umbrella
You put up a hell of a
Facade here
I have an idea
You could stop trying
And let it happen

---

Distract Again

Flick or kiss
We're hit or miss
When we rarely gather
How dare we rather
Write
Than spend another night
Trying to make it right
You'd rather fight
I'd rather shine a light
On you laying on your back
While the sirens cry
And I
Stare there
Asking, basking
In your scent
It's time well spent
But a knock hits the door
And a rock hits the floor
Like an excuse dropped out of place
Thoughts of outer space
Distract again

---

This Is Somewhere

Missed chances
As he dances
We'll make it right
If it takes all night
Distracted to end
Attractive new friend
They'll never find us here
We'll be reminded we're
Never alone
But he's at home
And she doesn't care
Plus, this is somewhere
Else she can't relax
We pay a tax
To those we can't forget
I sure don't regret
What we can do
Do you?

---

Counting Away

Which way, my wind?
Mirror, mirror
Guided, I'm gliding
Like "dancers on the midway
We roam from town to town"

---

Skate Away

I'm sorry, but it won't happen
I still wish you all the best
I may visit you in Natick
If I'm there and need some rest
It's been months since I have felt that urge
And since I've given in
I thank you for taking my surge
And showing me your sin
But my mind is elsewhere
And my love is there as well
With another lady fair
Who caught me when I fell
Enjoy your one, your only life
For you deserve to, kid
Share your secrets, share your strife
Tell of what you hid
Let the world know who you are
Run, laugh, hide, seek, play
I don't want to be your scar
Friend, look me up some day

---

Response

Ignorance is bliss
That I will never kiss
I may be quick to dis
But I'd rather discuss
With someone with much
To give and learn
I live and yearn
For the truth
I offer only proof
Of myself
And what is my health
Or lack thereof
Push and shove
For only love to
"Push back now"

---

I Like Our Planet

Marduk, our nemesis
Are you coming closer?
Closing in
But who's counting?
Maybe they are selling it all
Because they know
We've no value but now
Look to NASA
Preparation
If I'm doomed to stay
I'm stockpiling drugs
For doomsday
Party like it's 2011

---

Vestiges (Saga By A Time)

Seeking my tail since the second trimester
Awaiting another return
Glory days are tomorrows
A familiar enemy is the best of friends
Betrayed by the seasons
(Yes, I know her reasons)
Appearance is quick to deceive
They're political whores
I know there's profit in wars
Must we apes drape the grapes
Escape will never be yours

---

Jake

It's crunch time
In the lunch line
Is my name the joke
Or the punchline?

---

Want You

I want to see your power
I want to hear your warm breath
I want to taste your heartbeat
I want to feel your kind words
I want to smell your love

---

Found Nothing

Away with a stranger
Play the line
Driven home
Proven wrong
Fatally stable
Willing and able
Rocket the bump
Pocket of trumps
Found my groove
Nothing to prove

No comments: