Thursday, November 22, 2007

11/07

When Given

The sun and the moon
Seemingly opposite, yet hauntingly familiar
Equal lights that shine
When given the chance

Men and women
Each playing hard to get, acting the winner
Both have the right to time
And to wear the pants

But how many times have you reached out your hand?
How would you know if I was a man?
Where would you touch me?
-How dare you rush me?
The planets align as a matter of chance

The tides rise and fall
The same with our moods
Though it may be unfair and, at times, unkind
It's simply impossible to have it all

But how many times have you reached out your hand?
How would you know if I was a man?
Would you know how to touch me?
-Don't you dare rush me!
This satellite branch gets just half of a chance

Time and again, the old adage is pondered
Live free or die, but is that really tru?
So often found caught in moments that wandered
And what in fact surrounds you

Who has to fight for love?
-Only those who love to fight
Who has the right to love?
-Only those who know love is right
Where shall we go, my love?
-Wherever we could spend the night
Who shouldn't know our love?
-Only he who would love to know
Why would one fight for love?
-Maybe 'cause one loves to fight
Why is it right to love?
-Because I've seen love be right
Where shall we go for love?
-Wherever you want to go
Who should I show you love?
-Oh, wouldn't you love to know?

Never over
-'Til the end
A warm shoulder
For each and every friend
Never over
-Fear the end
Never over
Here's the end
As time is not more than the wind

No comments: