Friday, August 17, 2007

8/07

Teach Me Again

Teach me again
How you like to be loved
I'll work on what works
'Til I fit like a glove
Flash me that smile
Like the light from above
I'll try not to hold you
If you'd rather be shoved
Baby, I can't help it
You cancel my void
When I speak of what's tru
Must you get so annoyed?
Third time uncharmed
Our home's been destroyed
Employed by our slumber
You're underemployed

---

Cheating For A Beating

Sweet tooth for a new cocoon
A dream your vow won't allow
A traveling never taken
The disadventure of a whim
The violence of an adulteration
Of an otherwise fine situation
Extra
Extra
Plead all about it
Twist
Shout and pout it
Flaunt it
'Til you're haunted
I know that you want it

---

Reactive

My baby in the mountains
Sends me mountains of love
Our actions can move mountains
If we're mountains above
Floating down the river
River's been there for years
When she's across the river
I'm a river of tears

---

Foresight

A pretty girl
Takes her pills
Different shapes
By the colors of her moods
A hollow wind
Brings us weather
The varied breeze
Broken by trees
A lonely boy
Bides his time
For no good reason
But with a solid rhyme
A lasting love
Holds us down
The freedom comes
When she's in town

---

Yours Is Nice

One of my three favorite parts
In a tie for first
Of a woman
Of which you are one
So I like to look
And y'all don't find it objectionable
'Til you know I've objectified you
But it's justified
'Cause it was just a try
Like it is when I
Say that minus the meateating
And hiding under a carcass hat
Or standing in skin shoes
I choose just you
In a manipulation
Less than subtle
In a confrontation
That is too direct
I seem to lose respect
So maybe I should stop now

---

Expenses, Expenses

Keeping me pensive
When they keep it expensive
Men live in pens
Give my missive to the masses
Keep it massive
Don't be passive
When you pass it
To the basket
Past hit?
I go batshit
When I'm asking
And they say "that's it."
That's it?!
Shit is drastic
With the spastic
Best outlast it
If you don't want your ass kicked
Or your act wrapped up in plastic
Keep on fasting
Until you hear the last ring
Then I'll come fast in
On a bats wing
And show you what's been happening

---

Humid Here, Dry There; Future Balance

Though we're not together
I still wear that sweater
Even in this sticky weather
I am now employed
But I'm also quite annoyed
That my boy has been deployed
To the desert
It makes my head hurt
Let us make this time short
So he will come home soon
And we can move some place cool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be a missin' your dearest friend as I am mine.

Mine is "just" in Colorado, which almost borders Montana, but it at times feels like oceans and deserts away~