Sunday, March 25, 2007

3/07

Time Out (Wander Away)

I'm jealous of plenty of my previous selves
So many memories stuck on their shelves
All those old hands that I once held
Alone in my mind with the sounds, sights and smells
I could take you all of the way
We can stop here right now, today
I can tell when you have something to say
Find out, time out, wander away
Lately I sleep with the words in my mind
I awaken in time to remind what I find
Distorted assorted lives of the kind
These people I knew in their place in their time
I could take you most of the way
We could go on 'til we run out of space
I study the lies in the lines of your face
You cry out "time out" and wander away
I like to look at what has been retained
I talk to myself to stay entertained
Quite like my ankle; once broken, twice sprained
You wandered off but I have remained
I know I could take you all of the way
You laughed with the children and watched as they played
I know deep inside that I wish you had stayed
But you took time out and wandered away

---

Savior Self

Save yourself from the mass-stupidity
That plagues our people
Who will find love in truth?
I will
You will
Who will teach the rest to see?
We will
We must

---

Take Me To School

The only time I struggle
Is inside the hopes we held
When you check the score
No one runs the course to completion
Please reach out
And scream what returns home
Who finds reality
Hidden within horribe art?
Monsters guide our days
But our closet parties take the night
Kiss my whisper
And tell our friends how it ends
Steer astray
Off the path that they perform
The newest laws should scrub
The violence from the ancient rules

---

Kiefoxymescalacidohol

Hmm
Where did I put the plot?
I want for nothing and all (is well?)
Hot shower headcheck
Mommy, don't hold me
It's real out here
Autistic boy come-ons
Five, two, three, four...
Break my barrier and
Teach me one

---

Sleep Well

Does he hold you?
Are you warm?
Good night

---

Wheel To Wall

Her final moment
Under that tree
Hang a sign
Tear the clothes
Write a line
A bit of prose
Lost components
Remember we

No comments: