Tuesday, January 23, 2007

1/07

Cape Haven

This Summer I will fall in love
We will fight the waves and the sun
We will not hide when the Autumn comes
In Winter I'll help with her medicine
She'll make thirty-six before fading out
By then we'll know what one is about
Her family will weep and take me in
They'll show my truth and make me kin
They'll guide me toward love to begin
Like deja vu all over again
Don't hate the sinner or the sin
If you don't try you cannot win

---

Open Minds

Another mystery of the foreign press
My one-time history that wore a dress
Her words unnoticed
Or undisclosed
I still find her hair
Sometimes her clothes
Arch your back, girl
Touch your toes
Clean your ears and
Clear your nose
Wipe those tears
Deny your foes
They can't find a
Mind that's closed

No comments: